Rara Lake Trek
The Rara lake is located in the mid-western region of Nepal. The lake which is situated at a height of 2,990m and the Rara National Park are the highlights of this trek. The Rara Lake Trek is an easy trek along the trail from Jumla to the lake.
The Rara National Park at 10.8 sq. km is the smallest ‘Wildlife Conservation’ area in Nepal. The park that is made up of forests of coniferous is the ideal habitat for the popular Himalayan Black Bear and the musk deer. Our trek starts in Uthugaun after the day we arrive in Nepalgunj on a flight from Kathmandu. After four days of trekking we arrive in the magnificent Rara Lake. After a day around the lake we trek to Jumla via Gorosingha, Sinja and Jaljala Chaur.
- Day 1
Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel.
After your arrival in Kathmandu our representatives at the airport will transfer you to your hotel and help you in checking in.
- Day 2
Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. Overnight in Nepalgunj.
- Day 3
Flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,370m). Overnight in Jumla.
- Day 4
Trek to Uthugaon (2,530m). Overnight in Uthugaon.
- Day 5
Trek to Danphe Lagna (3,500m). Overngiht in Danphe Lagna.
- Day 6
Trek to Chautha (2,770m). Overnight in Chautha.
- Day 7
Trek to Dhotu (2,380m). Overnight in Dhotu.
- Day 8
Trek to Rara Lake (2,980m). Overnight in Rara Lake.
- Day 9
Rest day in Rara Lake. Overnight in Rara Lake.
- Day 10
Trek to Gorosingha (3,190m). Overnight in Gorosingha.
- Day 11
Trek to Sinja (2,440m). Overnight in Sinja.
- Day 12
Trek to Jaljala Chaur (3,270m). Overnight in Jaljale Chaur.
- Day 13
Trek to Jumla (2,370m). Overnight in Jumla.
- Day 14
Flight from Jumla to Nepalgunj. Overnight in Nepalgunj.
- Day 15
Flight to Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 16
Rest day in Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 17
Transfer to the International Airport and departure to your destination.
Note: Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Return transfers from International and Domestic airport to your hotel.
- One night stay at the Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All government taxes and RARA National Park entry fees.
- TIMS CARD (Trekking Management System).
- Required number of experienced English speaking guides and support staff (we pay for their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipments, food and accommodation).
- Tent accommodation during the trek on camping services.
- Necessary ground transportation depends on your services requested via tourist bus or private transport.
- Light for a night by Battery or “generator” as a group size.
- Trekking poles, sleeping bag (if necessary we provide).
- Trekking maps.
- Rubbish care to clean up the environment.
- PNT official services charge and government taxes.
Medical support: emergency first aid kit carried by the support staff
Camping equipments: We always provide every guest holiday trek with high qualities equipments: good qualities tent, Gas stove for food prepare, toilets tent and papers, kitchen tent with necessary utensils, Dining tent (for eating), table and chairs as a group, hand clean up towel and soap with tap water, Ice axe and sable.
Accommodation and meals: During camping treks an expert cook accompanies us and serves the best local dishes with different items on our plates. Both food and accommodation during camping treks are our responsibilities. We serve three meals on camping treks.
Breakfast Verities: Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, boil water/different kinds Tibetan bread, toast, omelet fried or scrambled, boil egg, porridge, musli, cornflake, chapatti, jam, honey, pinner butter, rice pudding, pani cake, butter, salami, sinoman role.
Lunch: Juice, tea (black/lemon/coffee), boil water/ sandwich, potato cheaps, different items bread, vegetable, macaroni, chaumin, fried/boil potatoes, plan chapatti, backbeans.
Dinner: Different items Soup, popcorn, prawan, cookies, papad/ local Nepali verities food (Daal/rice/vegetables/meat/pickle), pizza (vegetable/mushroom/chicken), burger, pasta, chicken meat, can meat, veg/non veg momo, spagity, noodles, tuna fish, sasit, spring role.
Desert: tea, coffee, milk, chocolate, boil water, cake, pie, seasonal fruits, tin fruit, mango, apple, banana.
Water: we serve with boil water drink along the trek either you can make tea or coffee for day trip. It should be better to bring good quality water bottle for trek.
- All meals in Kathmandu city.
- Tips to guides and support staff.
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies).
- Internal flight tickets.
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetozolomide etc).
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses.
- Personal trekking equipments.
Travel Insurances: –
Travel Insurances are compulsory for clients trekking or climbing with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Nepal has four climatic seasons
- Spring : March – May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Enquire about any trekking region and we will tell you about the best season to visit that area.
EQUIPMENTSCheck-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Swim wear
- Sun Hat
- Woollen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Sun block
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are required during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tax Jacket with hood).