13 days Manaslu Circuit Trek
The Mt. Manaslu (8,163m) is the eight highest mountains in the world which is quite popular less tourist visit trekking destination and the trek goes high passes of 5,160m in Larkya La pass. This trek is restricted areas trekking, only opened from 1992 for trekkers by Nepal government. Until then the area was a virgin land with un spoilt beauty. However, even today Manaslu trek has kept its beauty intact and continues to be a unsurpassable trekking destination. The trek can be done with local home stay with tea houses services along the Manaslu circuit trek where the trekkers can take local life taste and can be safe the money than camping services trek. The trek gives unforgettable beautiful mountain scenery of Manaslu region and Annapurnas with the diverse culture and the local people daily life structures.
The Manaslu trek can be start different trek starting places either from Gorkha and or from Arughat Bazar. If you have longer vacation for Nepal, then you should start the trek from Gorkha and do the trek for 17 days. The trek route goes, Drive: Kathmandu to Gorkha – Arkul – Baluwa – Barpak – Larpak – Khorlabesi – Philim – Deng – Namrung – Sama gompa – Samdo – Dharmasala – Larke la pass – Bimtang – Soti Khola – Dharapani – Besisahar and drive to Kathmandu.
And also can be done with 13 days starting from Arughat Bazar. The trek routes goes, Drive Kathmandu to Arughat Bazar and catch to local jeep to Soti khola – Machha Khola – Jagat – Dang – Namrung – Samagaon – Samdo – Dharmasala – Larkya La pass – Bimtang – Dharapani – Besisahar and drive to Kathmandu.
So, this trek can be design in shorter and longer days up on your requested and holidays time frame. We have designed two different itineraries for Manaslu trek, if your time frame isn’t suit as a schedule then can drop an e-mail for special holidays design.
- Day 1
Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport & transfer to your Hotel stay in Kathmandu
After your arrival in Kathmandu our representatives at the airport will transfer you to your hotel and help you in checking in.
- Day 2
Free day in Kathmandu & can visit around popular tourist places in Kathmandu your own, overnight stay in Kathmandu hotel
Today, official work issuing the special permit fees/Manaslu conservation & Annapurna conservation entry fees. So, you have a full day free time & can visit around the city and collecting the last pieces of equipments that our trek requires.
- Day 3
Drive Kathmandu to Arughat and catch private jeep to Soti Khola (8 hours driving), overnight stay in Soti Khola (730m), TEA HOUSE STAY
we can drive Kathmandu to Arughat by local bus where need to change twice to reach at Soti Khola about 8 hours. The road from Dading to Arughat & Sotikhola is rough unsealed road. Alternatively can be hire private 4WD Jeep from Kathmandu & easier/comfortable & will get sooner then local bus.
- Day 4
Trek Soti Khola to Machha khola (930m), overnight stay in Machha khola, TEA HOUSE STAY, 6 hours walking
The walking treks start from here towards the Manaslu circuit and the walking destination for second day is Machha Khola passing through the shady sal forests trees and climb up and down for some time on a with the views of waterfalls cliff and the beautiful village of Gurung Labubesi and Gale gaon. and continue walking to Machha khola which is our first second night stay on trek, TEA HOUSE staying.
- Day 5
Trek Machha Khola to Jagat (1,410m), Overnight stay in Jagat, TEA HOUSE STAY, 8 hours walking
The place where we stay in JAGAT is the check point of MCAP. we continuing walking through the khorlabesi passing the few houses and passing the Tatopani (hot water) which is natural minerals and we walk continue at JAGAT for our stay in TEA HOUSE
- Day 6
Trek Jagat to Dang (1,800m), overnight stay in Dang, TEA HOUSE STAY, 6 hours walking
We walk Jagat to Dang through the village Phillim where we checked our permit again after passing the suspension bridge and walking up and down. Here, you will see the signs of Buddhist culture with the MANi and written on stone. our walking continue towards in Dang where we stay a night in TEA HOUSE
- Day 7
Trek Dang to Namrung (2,660m), overnight stay in Namrung, TEA HOUSE STAY, 6 hours walking
Today, our stay in Namrung village which is one of the Buddhist village in Manaslu region and can be seen Monastery and many prayer flags/MANI walls/chortens along the trail and stay a night in this beautiful village TEA HOUSE
- Day 8
Trek Namrung to Lho (3,180m), overnight stay in Lho, TEA HOUSE STAY, 4 hour walking
Today, we walk for a night stay in Lho which is already 3,180m altitude and we have short walking from Namrung to Lho about 4 hours only. It’s better to have slowly walking and resting when we are higher altitude for health to get a success Manaslu circuit. Overnight stay in Lho TEA HOUSE
- Day 9
Trek Lho to Samagaon (3,530m), overnight stay in Samagaon, TEA HOUSE STAY, 4 hours walking
from Samagaon village can be seen the Mt. Manaslu himal & Kutang Himal which is the Bhuddhist village and influences by the Tibetan culture due to the proximity to Tibet and find many monasteries Mani walls and chortens along the villages. Overnight stay in Samagaon village in TEA HOUSE
- Day 10
Acclimatization Day – side trip to either Manaslu Basecamp or Birendra Tal, overnight stay in Samagaon,
Today, we stay resting in SAMAGAON village for acclimatization and can do the short walking towards the Manaslu base camp or in Birendra Tal where you can observe excellent views of Samdo, Manaslu glacier, Ice fall and himalaya. Overnight stay in SAMAGAON in TEA HOUSE
- Day 11
Trek Samagaon to Samdo 3,875m, overnight stay in Samdo about 4 hrs walking
Today for night stay in SAMDO which is 3,875m higher from the sea level and can be seen the excellent views of Manaslu glacier/ice fall. Mt. Manaslu himal. we walk through the juniper and birch forest passes and reach at SAMDO village for a night stay in TEA HOUSE
- Day 12
Trek Samdo to Dharamasala 4,460m, Overnight stay in Dharmasala, about 4 hrs walking
We start walking Samdo to Dharmasala where we stay a night before crossing the Larkya La pass on next day. It’s about 4 hours walking from Samdo to Dharmasala and prepare for the next day big hike and pass Larkya La.
- Day 13
Trek Dharamasala – Larkya La Pass (5,160m) & Overnight stay a Bimthang 3,590m, about 11 hr walkings
The big day for today is Larkya La pass 5,160m and see the beautiful mountains views from the top. we can see Annapurna 11 7,937m, Kang Guru 6,981m, Himlung Himal 7,126m, Cheo Himal 6,820m. The trekking trails goes through the numerous rocky moraines hills and reflects the surrounding snowy mountains and after pass descending the steep trail passing through the Bimtang glacier and finally reached in Bimtang about 11 hours walking, stay a night Bimtang, TEA HOUSE
- Day 14
Trek Bimthang to Dharapani 1,963m, overngiht stay in Dharapani about 9 hrs walking
The walking Bimtang to Dharapani will be longer walk about 9 hours where join the Annapurna tourist highway and start missing the quiet days in Manaslu. we stay a night in Dharapani, TEA HOUSE
- Day 15
Drive Dharapani to Besisahar & Kathmandu about 10 hrs driving, Overnight stay in Kathmandu
Today, we catch the local jeep from Dharapani to besisahar and catch the next local bus or private transport for your next travel destination either back in Kathmandu or in Pokhara city and our 13 days trekking journey ends here with happiness and enjoyable. Hopefully, you will gain some experience of Nepal Mountain life and enjoyed during your stay in mountain.
Note: Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Transportation: return transfers from International airport to your hotel
- Hotel stay: one night hotel accommodation stay in Kathmandu
- Entry fees: all government taxes and Annapurna conservation entry fees
- Entry fees: Manaslu special permit fees
- Entry fees: Manaslu conservation entry fees
- TIMS CARD: (Trekking Information Management System)
- Guide & porter: One experienced English speaking guides & necessary supporter to carry your luggage (two guest = 1 porter (we pay their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipments, food and accommodation)
- Wages: 13 days guide wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/insurances/equipments
- Wages: 13 days porter (to carry your luggage) wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipments
- 12 nights mountain lodge accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis on tea house services trek
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Soti Khola via private jeep
- Transportation: Dharapani to Besisahar via local jeep and Besisahar to Kathmandu via local bus or local micro Van
- Trekking equipments: trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag/down jacket (we provide these if necessary), to be return after the trek completed
- Water purification tablets: unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- Supplementary snacks: energy bars and cookies at base camp
- Fruits: Seasonal fresh fruits where is possible
- Local SIM CARD (NCELL), to be return after the trek completed
- Rescue arrangements: in emergency situation & worst weather condition
- Daimox: Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc)
- Map: Mardi himal trekking map
- Rubbish disposal
- government taxes & PNT official service charge
Water: Mineral waters are available at all stops during tea house treks (paying your own). You can also use tap water if you choose to use water purification tablets.
Medical support: An emergency first aid kit is carried by the support staff at all times.
- Meals: All meals (lunch/dinner/breakfast) in Kathmandu & on trek
- Snacks: chocolate/aerated drinks/mineral water/alcoholic drinks/nutria bars
- Hotel stays: extra night hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Tipping: end of the trek tips to guides and support staff
- Rescue services: additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate medical & travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies), including helicopter evacuation & hospitalization (medical test, medicine) if required
- extra expenses: personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as bottle water/coca cola/WIFI on trek/hot shower/electric device recharge
- city visit: sightseeing in Pokhara and Kathmandu entrance fees/transportation/hire guide
- Flight ticket: Your International flight ticket airfare & Nepal entry visa fees which travel visa can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport, On Arrival Visa: Fee 15 Days – 25 USD, 30 Days – 40 USD, 90 Days – 100 USD
- Services not mentioned herein Personal trekking equipments
Travel Insurances: –
Travel Insurances are compulsory for clients trekking or climbing with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Nepal has four climatic seasons
- Spring : March – May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Enquire about any trekking region and we will tell you about the best season to visit that area.
EQUIPMENTSCheck-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Swim wear
- Sun Hat
- Woollen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Sun block
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are required during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tax Jacket with hood).