Langtang Triangle Trek 16 days
Langtang Triangle Trek is a less touristy area as compared to the Annapurna region and the Everest region. It offers unspoiled natural beauty with superb views of Himalayas, picturesque scenery during the trek and the Tamangs’ lifestyle and culture.
Langtang Triangle Trek is a combination of Tamang heritage trek/Langtang trek/Gosainkunda trek and Helambu trek. The trek difficulty ranges from easy to moderate and is only offered by Peace Nepal Treks (p) Ltd, with our expert guides and porters who trekked with us over decades and are fully acclimatized, physically fit and strong to carry your luggage.
This trek is specially catered to those who are interested in doing a circuit trail in the Langtang region which starts from Syabrubesi and ends at Timbu in Helambu region. It would take around 16 days in total whereby you will visit the newly open trekking Tamang heritage upwards of Langtang Gosainkunda and ending with Helambu trek. You will be reaching Cherko Ri (4,984m) to view the superb scenery of Langtang valley and cross the highest elevation Laurebina pass (4,610m) in Gosainkunda trek and end off with Helambu trek.
We will depart from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi which takes around 11 hours by local bus or 8 hours via private jeep for the first-night stay. The trek goes on to visit Tamang heritage trail (Gatlang – Tatopani – Thuman-Bridim – Rimche), reaching 2,607m in Tatopani. The Tamang community lifestyle, culture, local monasteries, unspoiled nature of Dorje Lakpa (6,966m), Ganesh Himal (7,429m), Langtang Lirung (7,227m), Mt. Manaslu Himal (8,156m) Jugal Himal, Paldor Peak (5,896m) and many more mountains can be seen.
These few days of short trekking and experiences concludes the first part and for the second part of the journey, you will start the beautiful Langtang trek from Langtang village – Kyanjin Gompa (3,830m) for an overnight stay and also visit Cherko Ri (4,984m) and Kyanjin Gompa (Monastery), where many beautiful mountains can be seen.
After the Langtang Valley trek, we return via the same route back to Lama hotel and Thulo Syabru before following the route for Gosainkunda trek (which means sacred lake and according to legends, were created by the Hindu god ‘Shiva’ himself), crossing the Laurebina Pass (4,610m) and continuing to Helambu valley trek till Timbu which ends off the trek.
Langtang triangle trek is less crowded then Everest and Annapurna trekking regions.
Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport & transfer to Hotel a night stay in Kathmandu
After your arrival in Kathmandu, our representatives at the airport will transfer you to your hotel and help you with checking in.
Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,503m), overnight stay in Syabrubesi TEA HOUSE services. (Driving about 9 hours via local bus)
We catch the local bus Kathmandu to Syabrubesi which is the trek starting place along the Tamang heritage trek and ends the trek same place in Syabrubesi (about 9 hours driving). We can arrange the private Jeep as well up on your services requested paying extra and will be much easier and comfortable where ever you want to stop. Along with the driving, we can enjoy the views of Himalayas, Overnight stay in Syabrubesi village.
Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,238m), overnight stay in Gatlang TEA HOUSE services (5 to 6 hours walking)
From Syabrubesi village, our Tamang heritage trekking & walking destination towards the Himalayas starts with the spectacular mountains views of Langtang Lirung/Ganesh Himal and Shisapangma and reached at Gatlang village which is one of the villages of Tamang people and stays a night in Gatlang village
Trek Gatlang to Tatopani (2,607m), overnight stay in Tatopani TEA HOUSE services (6 to 7 hours walking)
Staying a night in Gatlang village, our next destination is Tatopani which is means in Nepal HOT WATER. We walk through the Chilime Hydropower dam with the views of Langtang Himalaya ranges, We stay a night in the tea house at Tatopani village
Trek Tatopani to Thuman (2,338m) via Brimdang and Nagthali (3,165m), overnight stay in Thuman TEA HOUSE services. (About 7 hours walking)
Today, we can see the magnificent views of Langtang from Nagthali hill and after this continue walking towards the village of Bridang and Thuman, overnight stay in Thuman village
Trek Thuman to Briddim (2,229m), overnight stay in Briddim TEA HOUSE services. (about 6 hours walking)
our trek continues walking towards Briddim from Thuman which is a Tibetan village and also can visit the monastery in this village and stay a night in Briddim
Trek Briddim to Lama hotel (2,390m), overnight stay in Lama hotel TEA HOUSE services. (about 6 hours walking)
Today we walk along the Langtang river, continue hiking across waterfalls and finally stop in Rimche before the trail descends to a settlement known as the Lama Hotel.
Trek Lama hotel to Langtang village (3,430m), overnight stay in Langtang village TEA HOUSE services (about 6 hours walking)
A three hours hike from Lama Hotel takes us to Ghortabela and another 30 minutes of climbing brings us to a point where the Langtang Valley begins.
Trek Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3,830m), Overnight stay in Kyanjin TEA HOUSE services (About 4 hours walking
From Langtang, it takes us about four hours of gentle ascension to reach Kyangin Gompa passing through the largest mani wall in Nepal which is written on it and made from stone. We walk around the Kanjin Gompa seeing beautiful mountain views, overnight stay in TEA HOUSE
Leisure day in Kyangin Gompa (3870m), O/N in Kyangin Gompa TEA HOUSE stay
A day in Kyangin Gompa gives us the opportunity to visit Cherko Ri (4,984m) about 5 hours walking up and down and can be seen the majestic views of Langtang ranges. Overnight stay in same place Kyangin Gompa TEA HOUSE
Trek Kyanjin to Lama Hotel (2,480m), overnight stay in Lama Hotel TEA HOUSE services (about 5 hours walking)
After breakfast in Kyangin Gompa retrace our steps to Lama Hotel downhill walking through the forest and river along the side.
Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2,250m), overnight in Thulo Syabru, TEA HOUSE STAY
From Lama Hotel, we head towards Syabrugaun and stop in between at Bamboo for lunch.
Trek Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3,330m), overnight in Sing Gompa, TEA HOUSE STAY (about 6 hours walking)
From Syabrugaun, after crossing rivers and passing through forests where the path is mostly uphill, you will stop for an overnight stay in Sing Gompa.
Trek to Gosainkunda (4,165), overnight in Gosainkunda, overnight stay in Gosainkunda, overnight stay in Gosainkunda, TEA HOSUE STAY (about 5 hours walking)
The trail leading to Gosainkunda is mostly steep and rugged. According to Hindu mythology, the holy lakes of Gosainkuda were created by Lord Shiva’s Trishul (three pointed weapons) so that he could drink its cold water and quench his thirst.
Trek Gosainkunda to Gopte/Tharepati (3,690m), overnight in Tharepati, TEA HOUSE STAY, (about 6 to 7 hours walking)
Today, you will head towards Laurebina pass (4,610m), where the trail passes through a rugged country across three small lakes before finally arriving in Tharepati.
Trek Thare Pati to Targe Gyang (2,600m), overnight in Targe Gyang, TEA HOUSE STAY, (about 7 hours walking)
The trek to Targe Gyang from Thare Pati is a gentle climb across a school and a meadow
Trek Targe Gyang to Timbu (1,580m) and drive back to Kathmandu, overnight stay in own arrangement hotel in Kathmandu
The trail today passes through dense forests and crosses a number of streams before a gentle climb to the village of Timbu followed by a drive back to Kathmandu about 4 hours
Note: Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Transportation: return transfers from International airport to your hotel
- Hotel stay: one-night hotel accommodation stay in Kathmandu
- Entry fees: all government taxes and Langtang National park entry fees
- TIMS CARD: (Trekking Information Management System)
- Guide & porter: One experienced English speaking guides & necessary supporter to carry your luggage (two guest = 1 porter (we pay their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipment, food, and accommodation)
- Wages: 15 days guide wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/insurances/equipments
- Wages: 15 days porter (to carry your luggage) wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 14-night mountain lodge accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis on tea house services trek
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi via local bus
- Transportation: Timbu to Kathmandu via local bus
- Trekking equipment: trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag/down jacket (we provide these if necessary), to be returned after the trek completed
- Water purification tablets: unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- Supplementary snacks: energy bars and cookies at base camp
- Fruits: Seasonal fresh fruits where is possible
- Local SIM CARD (NCELL), to be returned after the trek completed
- Rescue arrangements: in emergency situation & worst weather condition
- Diamox: Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc)
- Map: Langtang trekking map
- Rubbish disposal
- government taxes & PNT official service charge
Water: Mineral waters are available at all stops during tea house treks (paying your own). You can also use tap water if you choose to use water purification tablets.
Medical support: An emergency first aid kit is carried by the support staff at all times.
- Meals: All meals (lunch/dinner/breakfast) in Kathmandu & on the trek
- Snacks: chocolate/aerated drinks/mineral water/alcoholic drinks/nutria bars
- Hotel stays: extra night hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Tipping: end of the trek tips to guides and support staff
- Rescue services: additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate medical & travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies), including helicopter evacuation & hospitalization (medical test, medicine) if required
- extra expenses: personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as bottle water/coca cola/WIFI on trek/hot shower/electric device recharge
- city visit: sightseeing in Kathmandu entrance fees/transportation/hire guide
- Flight ticket: Your International flight ticket airfare & Nepal entry visa fees which travel visa can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport, On Arrival Visa: Fee 15 Days – 25 USD, 30 Days – 40 USD, 90 Days – 100 USD
- Services not mentioned herein Personal trekking equipment
Food on tea house trek: During tea house treks our guests pay for their own food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) at the lodge. It can be about USD $25 each day per person. You can choose your own meal as a menu every tea houses.
Travel Insurance: –
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients who choose to trek or climb with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness, and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while traveling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Nepal has four climatic seasons
- Spring : March – May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Once you inquire about any trekking itinerary we’ll email you regarding the best season for that particular trek.
Check-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Sun Hat
- Woolen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars
The following equipment is needed during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore-Tex Jackets).