12 days Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek
Peace Nepal Treks offers you an authentic trekking experience along the 12 days Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek, a previously restricted area. This treks takes you across ancient villages and monasteries of rich architecture, where you will stop to take a dip in the age old natural springs. Starting from Syabrubesi, this trek offers a spectacular view of the great Langtang region Himalayas and the villages overlooked by them.
The Tamang Heritage Trail lies close to the Tibetan border and was opened only in 2004. This trip offers meaningful exposure to outsiders who seek to understand the customs and traditions of the local people. Superb views of the towering mountains and majestic glaciers along with plenty of photographic opportunities are other highlights of this trip.
Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel.
After your arrival in Kathmandu our representatives at the airport will transfer you to your hotel and help you in checking in.
Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,503m), overnight stay in Syabrubesi TEA HOUSE services. (Driving about 9 hours via local bus)
We catch the local bus Kathmandu to Syabrubesi which is the trek starting place along the Tamang heritage trek and ends the trek same place in Syabrubesi (about 9 hours driving). We can arrange the private Jeep as well up on your services requested paying extra and will be much easier and comfortable where ever you want to stop. Along the driving, we can enjoy with the views of Himalayas, Overnight stay in Syabrubesi village.
Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,238m), overnight stay in Gatlang TEA HOUSE services (5 to 6 hours walking)
From Syabrubesi village, our Tamang heritage trekking & walking destination towards himalayas starts with the spectacular mountains views of Langtang Lirung/Ganesh Himal and Shisapangma and reached at Gatlang village which is one of the village of tamang people and stay a night in Gatlang village
Trek Gatlang to Tatopani (2,607m), overnight stay in Tatopani TEA HOUSE services (6 to 7 hours walking)
Staying a night in Gatlang village, our next destination is Tatopani which is means in Nepal HOT WATER. We walk through the Chilime Hydropower dam with the views of Langtang Himalaya ranges, We stay a night in tea house at Tatopani village
Trek Tatopani to Thuman (2,338m) via Brimdang and Nagthali (3,165m), overnight stay in Thuman TEA HOUSE services. (About 7 hours walking)
Today, we can see the magnificent views of Langtang from Nagthali hill and after this continue walking towards village of Bridang and Thuman, overnight stay in Thuman village
Trek Thuman to Briddim (2,229m), overnight stay in Briddim TEA HOUSE services. (about 6 hours walking)
our trek continue walking towards Briddim from Thuman which is a Tibetan village and also can visit monastery in this village and stay a night in Briddim
Trek Briddim to Lama hotel (2,390m), overnight stay in Lama hotel TEA HOUSE services. (about 6 hours walking)
Today we walk along the Langtang river, continue hiking across waterfalls and finally stop in Rimche before the trail descends to a settlement known as the Lama Hotel.
Trek Lama hotel to Langtang village (3,430m), overnight stay in Langtang village TEA HOUSE services (about 6 hours walking)
A three hours hike from Lama Hotel takes us to Ghortabela and another 30 minutes of climbing brings us to a point where the Langtang Valley begins.
Day 8 Trek Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3,830m), Overnight stay in Kyanjin TEA HOUSE services (About 4 hours walking
From Langtang, it takes us about four hours of gentle ascension to reach Kyangin Gompa passing through the largest mani wall in Nepal which is written on it and made from stone. We walk around the Kanjin Gompa seeing beautiful mountain views, overnight stay in TEA HOUSE STAY
Leisure day in Kyangin Gompa (3870m), O/N in Kyangin Gompa TEA HOUSE STAY
up and down and can be seen the majestic views of Langtang ranges and visit CHERKO RI 4,984m, Overnight stay in same place Kyangin Gompa TEA HOUSE STAY
Trek Kyanjin to Lama Hotel (2,480m), overnight stay in Lama Hotel TEA HOUSE services (about 5 hours walking)
After breakfast in Kyangin Gompa retrace our steps to Lama Hotel downhill walking though the forest and river along the side.
Trek Lama hotel to Syabrubesi where our trek ends, overnight stay in Syabrubesi TEA HOUSE services (about 5 hours walking)
Today we head back to Syabru Besi while following the same trail along side the Langtang river. Today is the last day of our Himalaya journey with Nepali guide.
Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight stay in Kathmandu own hotel arrangement
A long bus ride brings us back to Kathmandu from Syabru Besi (about 9 hours driving) and have a good rest after long days walking in mountain. NAMASTE.!
Note: Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Transportation: return transfers from International airport to your hotel
- Hotel stay: one night hotel accommodation stay in Kathmandu
- Entry fees: all government taxes and Langtang National park entry fees
- TIMS CARD: (Trekking Information Management System)
- Guide & porter: One experienced English speaking guides & necessary supporter to carry your luggage (two guest = 1 porter (we pay their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipments, food and accommodation)
- Wages: 12 days guide wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/insurances/equipments
- Wages: 12 days porter (to carry your luggage) wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipments
- 11 nights mountain lodge accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis on tea house services trek
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi via local bus
- Transportation: Syabrubesi to Kathmandu via local bus
- Trekking equipments: trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag/down jacket (we provide these if necessary), to be return after the trek completed
- Water purification tablets: unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- Supplementary snacks: energy bars and cookies at base camp
- Fruits: Seasonal fresh fruits where is possible
- Local SIM CARD (NCELL), to be return after the trek completed
- Rescue arrangements: in emergency situation & worst weather condition
- Daimox: Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc)
- Map: Mardi himal trekking map
- Rubbish disposal
- government taxes & PNT official service charge
Water: Mineral waters are available at all stops during tea house treks (paying your own). You can also use tap water if you choose to use water purification tablets.
Medical support: An emergency first aid kit is carried by the support staff at all times.
- Meals: All meals (lunch/dinner/breakfast) in Kathmandu & on trek
- Snacks: chocolate/aerated drinks/mineral water/alcoholic drinks/nutria bars
- Hotel stays: extra night hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Tipping: end of the trek tips to guides and support staff
- Rescue services: additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate medical & travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies), including helicopter evacuation & hospitalization (medical test, medicine) if required
- extra expenses: personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as bottle water/coca cola/WIFI on trek/hot shower/electric device recharge
- city visit: sightseeing in Pokhara and Kathmandu entrance fees/transportation/hire guide
- Flight ticket: Your International flight ticket airfare & Nepal entry visa fees which travel visa can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport, On Arrival Visa: Fee 15 Days – 25 USD, 30 Days – 40 USD, 90 Days – 100 USD
- Services not mentioned herein Personal trekking equipments
Food on tea house trek: During tea house treks our guests pay for their own food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) at the lodge. It can be about USD $25 each day per person. You can choose your own meal as a menu every tea houses.
Travel Insurances: –
Travel Insurances are compulsory for clients trekking or climbing with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Nepal has four climatic seasons
- Spring : March – May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Enquire about any trekking region and we will tell you about the best season to visit that area.
Check-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Swim wear
- Sun Hat
- Woollen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Sun block
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are required during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tax Jacket with hood).