Everest Three Passes Trek 19 days
EVEREST THREE PASSES TREK TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Reach the three high passes of Everest Region
- Trek through the spectacular landscapes, home of the Sherpa
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Ama Dablam, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, and other peaks of the Himalayas
- Stay in the hospitality of the Sherpa community at Namche Bazaar
- Explore Gokyo Valley and see the turquoise lakes of Gokyo
In this Everest Three Passes Trek organized by Peace Nepal, you will visit the three mountain passes of the Everest Region. These three are Renjo-La, Cho-La, and Kongma-La. This is a trek for more adventurous individuals who have an experience of high-altitude trekking in Nepal. Khumbu Region in Nepal (also called Everest Region) is known for its dense concentration of mountains that are some of the highest in the world. If you are in search of a challenging and mountainous trek in Nepal, then this is the perfect program for you.
You can expect to see some peaks that are higher than eight-thousand meters, or eight-thousanders as they are often called. As you trek through the pristine landscapes of Sagarmatha National Park, you will cross streams, glacial rivers, lakes, valleys, and even waterfalls. Especially during spring, you will pass through the rhododendron forests in full bloom and the autumn, clear blue skies act as a wonderful backdrop for the shining peaks of the Himalayas. You will reach places like Lukla, Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Lobuche, Kalapatthar, Everest Base Camp, and Gorakshep.
Starting with a quick flight from Kathmandu, you will arrive at Lukla and begin the trek through the alpine villages of Phakding and Namche. Namche is unmistakably the busiest of all places in this program. Next up is Everest Base Camp – a melting pot of all climbers who wish to scale Mt. Everest or who just want to see the Base Camp itself. Trek to the three high passes during a trek through quaint villages, icy valleys, and spectacular mountain ranges. The alpine forests will recede at higher altitudes and every significant village, you will see a unique and more beautiful view of the peaks ahead. Some of the wildlife you might encounter here are the musk deer, black bear, and the mountain goat. These are some of the experiences you can expect from a great trek in Khumbu.
You will need a very good level of fitness and a regular walking habit to go on the trip. Trekking in mountainous landscapes requires stamina, so we recommend having prior experience of trekking in Nepal. You won’t be using any equipment to reach these passes, so no technical skill is needed apart from a will and physical strength to cross these passes. It’s indeed a challenging trek, but the rewards the extremely high. The mesmerizing views and the unique experiences you gain from this trek are here to last for a lifetime.
Everest Three Passes Trek organized by Peace Nepal, you will visit the three mountain passes of the Everest Region. These three are Renjo-La, Cho-La, and Kongma-La.
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel stay in Kathmandu
When you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport, our staff will pick you up from the arrival terminal. We will transfer you to your hotel. After some refreshment, you will be given a brief about the upcoming program. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Morning flight to Lukla 2,840m and Trek to Phakding 2,610m. Overnight in Phakding. LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Immediately after you get up, go to the airport for a scenic and exciting 40-minute flight to Lukla. Have lunch at Lukla, meet the crew, and begin the trek to Phakding. You will cross Dudhkoshi Valley and trek through scenic villages. Crossing several streams and alpine woods, the beautiful trail lined with views of mountains will entice you until you arrive at Phakding for an overnight stay.
Trek from Phakding 2,610m to NamcheBazaar 3,440m. Overnight in NamcheBazaar, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Leaving behind Phakding, we will follow the Dudhkoshi River with scenic views of Mt. Thamserku and Khumbila. We will trek further through Benkar, Monjo – the entrance into Sagarmatha National Park, and Jorsalle. Then ascend through pines forests and villages until you arrive at Namche Bazaar. This prosperous town is where you’ll stay for the night, enjoying great views of the peaks ahead.
Day of Acclimatization in NamcheBazaar 3,440m. Overnight in NamcheBazaar, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
It’s a day set aside for acclimatization when your body adapts to the rising altitude. You will take hikes to nearby locations such as Khunde, Khumjung, or the airstrip at Syangboche. Later in the day, you can see around the town. Later in the day, grab a drink and enjoy breathtaking views of Ama Dablam, Everest, and Lhotse. Stay tonight in the hotel.
Trek NamcheBazar 3,440m to Tengboche 3,860m. Overnight in Tengboche, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
After breakfast, we walk through many mani walls and stay beautiful village of Tengboche. The largest Buddhist monastery in Khumbu (Tengboche Monastery also known as Dawa Choling Gompa is situated in Tengboche village 3,860m.
We can see the beautiful panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains, including the well-known peaks of Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku
Trek Tengboche 3,860m to Dingboche 4,410m. Overnight in Dingboche, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
we follow the Imja Khola through Pangboche until we reach Dingboche.
Acclimatization day in Dingboche 4,410m, Overnight in Dingbuche, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Today is a day of leisure day and walk around the places for good acclimatize about 2/ 3 hours walking around. We stay for the night in Dingboche.
Trek Dingbuche 4,410m to Chhukung 4,730m, Overnight in Chhukung, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Today we ascend to Lobuche passing through the terminal moraine of the Khumbu glacier. We camp at Lobuche for the night.
walking to Chhukung Ri 5,550m for good acclimatization & back to Chhukung overnight stay,, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Chukhung Ri is a rocky peak rising above the village of Chukhung to 5,550 m
Trek Chhukung 4,730m to Kongma La pass 5,535m & Lobuche 4,910m, Overnight in Lobuche, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
It’s a long day of trek from Chhukung all the way down to Lobuche. At first, cross the Khumbu Glacier and head up to the third pass on this program – Kongma-La Pass 5,535m. Once you reach here, you will have majestic views that you can capture on your camera. After some time on the pass, head downwards to Lobuche 4,910m for the overnight stay.
Trek Lobuche 4,910m to Gorak Shep 5,140m and visit Kala Pathar 5,550m in the afternoon ascent 2 hours & visit Everest base camp 5,364m next day early morning, Overnight in Gorakshep, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
It’s a long day of the trek today with around eight hours of walking, but it is also the day when you’ll visit Everest Base Camp. Starting from Lobuche, we’ll walk through the unique and fairly level surface in this high-altitude mountainous terrain. After some time We’ll see Khumbu and Changri Glaciers on our left. Head along beside Changri Glacier and ascend the hills to Gorakshep. Take a break here and head to Everest Base Camp. Spend some time at this popular destination where you’ll see trekkers and climbers from around the world. Later, return to Gorakshep for the overnight stay.
Trek back Gorakshep 5,140m to Lobuche 4,910m, Overnight in Lobuche, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Early morning, we walk towards the Everest base camp (5,364m) and return to Gorakshep. From Gorak Shep, we return to Lobuche, overnight stay in Lobuche
Trek Lobuche 4,910m to Dzongla 4,830m and Overnight in Dzongla, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Dzongla is a pleasant walk from Lobuche and offers superb views of the Everest, Kala Pathar, and Pumori peaks.
Trek Dzongla 4,830m to Chola pass (5,420m), Overnight in Thangnak 4,700m, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Today we trek to Chola Pass 5,420m which is a comparatively difficult climb due to steep slopes and glacial traverses. We stay for the night in Thangnak kharka.
Trek Thangnak 4,700m to Gokyo 4,790m, Overnight in Gokyo, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
After successful Chola Pass, we walk to Gokyo and night stay in Gokyo.
Walking Gokyo 4,791m to Gokyo ri 5,360m, Over night stay GOKYO, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Gokyo is a small village at the foot of the magnificent Gokyo Ri 5,360m, a 3-hour ascent from its base. The view from the top of this small snow-covered hill is breathtaking and captures a stunning Everest between the Changtse and Nuptse.
Trek from Gokyo 4,790m to Renjo La pass 5,360m and walk to Marlung 4,210m, Overnight in Marlung, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Starting after breakfast at Gokyo, we will head towards Renjo-La Pass – the last high pass in this program. we do a steady climb until we come to Renjo Lake. It’s a freshwater lake whose sources are the Himalayan ice. Continue the ascent and arrive at Renjo-La Pass at 5,360 meters. From here you can have magnificent views of the surroundings. Take as many photos as you like before beginning the gradual descent to the beautiful Gokyo Valley with its pristine glacial lakes. Hop into a lodge where you’ll stay tonight.
Trek back from Marlung 4,210m to NamcheBazaar 3,440m, Overnight in NamceBazar, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
Starting from Namche Bazaar, we will trek through beautiful forests of rhododendron and views of the impressive valley below. Cross a river and arrive at a place called Thame. Take a short break here and continue the ascent through the wilderness. Here, you’re likely to spot some animals, especially the mountain goat called Thar. Trek further for an hour or so before you come to a mani rock and an array of prayer flags. Take some photographs and head on for another hour to reach the village of Namche Bazar where we’ll stay tonight.
Trek back down NamcheBazaar 3,440m to Lukla, Overnight in Lukla 2,840m, LODGE STAY ACCOMMODATION
On our way back, we cross suspension bridges over the Dudh Koshi River, make our way through steep descends, and walk past numerous tea houses before finally arriving at Lukla.
Morning flight back: Lukla 2,840m to Kathmandu 1,400m and transfer to your own arrangement hotel stay in Kathmandu
Again, 40 minutes of pure mountain experience on our flight to Kathmandu marks the end of our journey.
Departure to your home country
Today, you have time till your departure from Kathmandu and can visit the historical city of Kathmandu and tourist places in Thamel.
Note: Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Transportation: return transfers from the International airport to your hotel
- Hotel stay: one-night hotel accommodation stay in Kathmandu
- Entry fees: all government taxes and Everest National park entry fees
- TIMS CARD: (Trekking Information Management System) & local tax
- Guide & porter: One experienced English speaking guide & necessary supporter to carry your luggage (two guests = 1 porter (we pay their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipment, food, and accommodation)
- Wages: 19 days guide wages including his insurances/meals and accommodation/insurances/equipment
- Wages: 19 days porter (to carry your luggage) wages including his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 18 nights mountain lodge accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis on tea house services trek
- Guest flight: ticket Kathmandu to Lukla and fly back Lukla to Kathmandu
- Guide flight: ticket Kathmandu to Lukla and fly back Lukla to Kathmandu
- Trekking equipment: trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag/down jacket (we provide these if necessary), to return after the trek completed
- Water purification tablets: unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- Supplementary snacks: energy bars and cookies at base camp
- Fruits: Seasonal fresh fruits where is possible
- Local SIM CARD (NCELL), to return after the trek completed
- Rescue arrangements: in the emergency situation & worst weather condition
- Diamox: Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc)
- Map: Everest region trekking map
- Rubbish disposal
- government taxes & PNT official service charge
Water: Mineral waters are available at all stops during tea house treks (paying your own). You can also use tap water if you choose to use water purification tablets.
Medical support: An emergency first aid kit is carried by the support staff at all times.
- Meals: All meals (lunch/dinner/breakfast) in Kathmandu & on the trek
- Snacks: chocolate/aerated drinks/mineral water/alcoholic drinks/nutria bars
- Hotel stays: extra night hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Tipping: end of the trek tips to guides and support staff
- Rescue services: additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate medical & travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies), including helicopter evacuation & hospitalization (medical test, medicine) if required
- extra expenses: personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as bottle water/coca-cola/WIFI on trek/hot shower/electric device recharge
- city visit: sightseeing in Kathmandu entrance fees/transportation/hire guide
- Flight ticket: Your International flight ticket airfare & Nepal entry visa fees which travel visa can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport, On Arrival Visa Fee 15 Days – 30 USD, 30 Days – 50 USD, 90 Days – 125 USD
- Services not mentioned herein
- Personal trekking equipment
Food on tea house trek: During tea house treks our guests pay for their own food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) at the lodge. It can be about USD $25 each day per person. You can choose your own meal as a menu for every tea house.
Travel Insurance: –
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients who choose to trek or climb with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness, and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while traveling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Nepal has four climatic seasons
- Spring: March-May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Once you inquire about any trekking itinerary we’ll email you regarding the best season for that particular trek.
Check-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Sun Hat
- Woolen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars
The following equipment is needed during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore-Tex Jackets)